A strategic plan is critical infrastructure for an organization that shapes where it is going and how it will get there. It identifies the needs and goals of its stakeholders and provides a map to reach those goals. A strategic plan is due diligence providing insight for opportunity and areas of growth. More than ever, and because of the pandemic and a changing economic landscape, a strategic plan is necessary and essential.
A strategic plan is a living document that provides vision and action items for up to five years. A strategic plan will address:
- The collectives' vision for growth over the next three to five years
- Staffing and board development
- Key stakeholders and champions
- Policy and procedure needs
- Limitations and opportunities
- Marketing and branding
- Service gaps and benefit analysis
A strategic plan will:
- Provide clear direction to staff, board members and key stakeholders.
- Identify priorities and how they position and support objectives.
- Prioritize initiatives, define actions, and determine timelines.
- Reveal risks and identify opportunities.
- Create an understanding and agreement for the plan.
- Define accountability and metrics to measure success.
- Streamline functions and actions required to meet objectives.
- Provide organizational infrastructure.
Socially distanced in-person or interactive zoom available.